There are certain situations when you should have your car serviced and the oil changed more frequently. That is when the car is under “Severe Service”
These are the conditions that include severe service:
- Frequent trips less than 5 to 10 miles, especially when outside temperatures are below freezing
- Frequent extensive idling and low–speed driving, as in stop-and-go traffic.
- Driving on roads that are unpaved, rough, dusty, muddy, snow–covered and⁄or salt–covered
- Off-road driving
- Towing a trailer or mounting a car–top carrier
- Vehicles used for delivery or other commercial purposes
Otherwise an oil change every 3,000 miles should be good, but always check your Owner’s Manuel.
Star Auto Sales in Meriden on Route 5 has a regular oil change for only $20.00 That includes 5 quarts of regular oil, oil filter, inspection, tax and fees. Come by or make an appointment (203-630-2926) to care for your vehicle today.